Help with shared folder
Gianluca Calloni
2014-10-06 12:49:31 UTC
Hi dovecot guru..

I need some help configuring shared folder in my server..

This is the situation:

DOVECOT 2.0.19

with POSTFIX - CLAMAV - AMAVISD - SPAMASSASSIN

This is the production server and sharing folder between user work..

But i need some explanation..

1) It's possible to share only a subfolder (E.G. => .INBOX.ESTERO) without
share the main folder .INBOX?

2) Which is the best way (or best practice) to manage the dovecot-acl and
dovecot-acl-list file?? Actually, i modifiy the dovecot-acl by hand (vi
editor). but every time i modify it i need to restart the dovecot server to
apply the configuration. And i need to reset the /var/run/dovecot/dict owner
and group cause with dovecot restart the file go back in root:root owner -
group

Thank's in advance.

Gianluca
Eduardo Ramos
2014-10-07 11:46:28 UTC
Hi Gianluca,

I have roundcubemail as webmail. It has a plugin called 'acl', that
allows users create acls easly. My users use to use thunderbird too, and
the solution is that add-on:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/imap-acl-extension/
Gianluca
Gianluca Calloni
2014-10-07 12:30:05 UTC
HI Eduardo.

Thank you for your replay..

You know if there is a plug-in also for Horde webmail GUI?

Unfortunately we use outlook and it seems there is not addon for this.
Eduardo Ramos
2014-10-07 13:22:13 UTC
Sorry Gianluca,

I know IMP/Horde just by name. Some googling show me that the option:
$servers['advanced'] = array(...,'acl' => true,...) could help you, but
you can get some issues:

https://sys4.de/en/blog/2013/11/06/imap-acl-dovecot-horde-5-imp-6-warning/
Michael M Slusarz
2014-10-07 16:24:56 UTC
Post by Eduardo Ramos
Sorry Gianluca,
I know IMP/Horde just by name. Some googling show me that the
option: $servers['advanced'] = array(...,'acl' => true,...) could
https://sys4.de/en/blog/2013/11/06/imap-acl-dovecot-horde-5-imp-6-warning/
We've had native ACL support in Horde/IMP for at least 10 years now.

But questions regarding configuration should be asked on one of the
Horde mailing lists, not here.

michael