[Dovecot] Sieve vacation attach original message
azurIt
2014-03-14 06:48:45 UTC

is it, somehow, possible to attach the original message to the vacation autoreply? Thank you.

azur
Joseph Tam
2014-03-18 23:17:56 UTC
Andreas Schulze
2014-03-19 07:32:41 UTC
Post by Joseph Tam
Post by azurIt
is it, somehow, possible to attach the original message to the vacation
autoreply?
Hmm. Allowing a sender control over both the recipient (via spoofing),
and the content seems like perfect recipe to turn your mail server into
a spam relay cannon.
I would like to use such feature too. (build a "ECHO Service")

There where some discussions how to reply the body using sieve some
months ago.
(http://dovecot.org/list/dovecot/2013-September/092359.html)
But I found no solution fitting my needs.

Andreas
Stephan Bosch
2014-03-19 00:43:47 UTC
Post by azurIt
Hi,
is it, somehow, possible to attach the original message to the vacation autoreply? Thank you.
Not currently. The exttracttext extension could be used for that
(http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5703), but it is not supported at the
moment. Also, this would be limited by the maximum variable size.

Regards,

Stephan.
azurIt
2014-03-19 05:25:18 UTC
Od: Stephan Bosch <stephan at rename-it.nl>
Komu: azurIt <azurit at pobox.sk>, <dovecot at dovecot.org>
D?tum: 19.03.2014 01:45
Predmet: Re: [Dovecot] Sieve vacation attach original message
Post by azurIt
Hi,
is it, somehow, possible to attach the original message to the vacation autoreply? Thank you.
Not currently. The exttracttext extension could be used for that
(http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5703), but it is not supported at the
moment. Also, this would be limited by the maximum variable size.
I tried a different solution but come accross a bug (or a feature?). I used a ':mime' option to 'vacation' command to create a multi-part vacation message which will include the original message. Unfortunately i didn't find a way how to include all headers but there should be a solution for including the body of the original message - using a 'body' extension. So i tried to save body into variable with this:

if body :matches "*" {
set "OriginalBody" "${1}";
}

The 'if' is True but nothing is saved into the variable. Any hints?

azur
azurIt
2014-03-19 05:43:08 UTC
Od: Stephan Bosch <stephan at rename-it.nl>
Komu: azurIt <azurit at pobox.sk>, <dovecot at dovecot.org>
D?tum: 19.03.2014 01:45
Predmet: Re: [Dovecot] Sieve vacation attach original message
Post by azurIt
Hi,
is it, somehow, possible to attach the original message to the vacation autoreply? Thank you.
Not currently. The exttracttext extension could be used for that
(http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5703), but it is not supported at the
moment. Also, this would be limited by the maximum variable size.
Will this extension be included in Dovecot? If yes, approximately when (month? year? 10 years?). Thank you.

azur
Stephan Bosch
2014-03-19 08:10:24 UTC
Od: Stephan Bosch <stephan at rename-it.nl>
Komu: azurIt <azurit at pobox.sk>, <dovecot at dovecot.org>
D?tum: 19.03.2014 01:45
Predmet: Re: [Dovecot] Sieve vacation attach original message
Post by azurIt
Hi,
is it, somehow, possible to attach the original message to the vacation autoreply? Thank you.
Not currently. The exttracttext extension could be used for that
(http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5703), but it is not supported at the
moment. Also, this would be limited by the maximum variable size.
Will this extension be included in Dovecot? If yes, approximately when (month? year? 10 years?). Thank you.
It is not high up my list, so it can easily take a year. I've seen some
more interest for it though, so I may implement it sooner. Particularly,
the required foreverypart extension is not easily implemented.

Regards,

Stephan.