X-sieve-redirected-from
Bob Miller
2014-10-03 23:57:52 UTC

I am chasing a problem with sieve vacation messages. the sieve file
looks like this:

## Generated by Roundcube Webmail SieveRules Plugin ##
require ["copy","vacation"];

# rule:[computerisms.ca]
if anyof (address :contains "To" "bob.miller at ctfn.ca",
address :contains "Cc" "bob.miller at ctfn.ca")
{
redirect :copy "bob at computerisms.ca";
vacation
:days 66
:subject "autotest"
"hello back";
}

The mail is forwarded, but no vacation response is sent, and the mail is
not forwarded. I find the lda error like this:

_discarding_vacation_response_for_implicitly_delivered_message;
_no_known_(envelope)_recipient_address_found_in_message_headers_
(recipient=<bob.miller at hostname.domain.tld>,_and_no_additional_
`:addresses'_are_specified)

I am presuming this is the source of my problem. I am not sure why the
domain is being modified to reflect the fqdn of the mail server host.
When I look at the delivered mail, I find the following two headers:

I have been looking for a while now, and I can't figure out where it is
picking up the hostname from. doveconf -a | grep hostname comes up
empty. the hostname is not in any of the mta config files. Anyone got
a hint?
--
Computerisms
Bob Miller
http://computerisms.ca
Jiri Bourek
2014-10-04 06:41:27 UTC
Post by Bob Miller
The mail is forwarded, but no vacation response is sent, and the mail is
_discarding_vacation_response_for_implicitly_delivered_message;
_no_known_(envelope)_recipient_address_found_in_message_headers_
(recipient=<bob.miller at hostname.domain.tld>,_and_no_additional_
`:addresses'_are_specified)
Does the message have To: and From: headers? I recall getting the same
(or similar) output when those headers were missing during my testing.
Adding them fixed the issue.
Bob Miller
2014-10-05 02:59:56 UTC
Jiri,

Reading my message over I see it was the end of a long day at the end of
a long week, thank you for interpreting and replying,
Post by Jiri Bourek
Post by Bob Miller
The mail is forwarded, but no vacation response is sent, and the mail is
The mail is forwarded. No "not forwarding" going on. the vacation
response is not sent. Hopefully that is more clear.
(recipient=<bob.miller at primelian.ctfn.ca>,_and_no_additional_
`:addresses'_are_specified)
Does the message have To: and From: headers? I recall getting the same
(or similar) output when those headers were missing during my testing.
Adding them fixed the issue.
The problem turned out to be my defaultdelivery file in qmail;
dovecot-lda was missing the -a argument for the recipient...
--
Computerisms
Bob Miller