Compile dovecot with sieve/managesieve support
Jorge Bastos
2014-10-13 19:10:58 UTC
Hi guys,

I'd like to have dovecot with sieve support, but can't find any information
on how to enable the sieve/managesieve support.

Does anyone can light me up on this?

Thanks,
Pascal Volk
2014-10-13 19:43:00 UTC
Post by Jorge Bastos
Hi guys,
I'd like to have dovecot with sieve support, but can't find any information
on how to enable the sieve/managesieve support.
Does anyone can light me up on this?
http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Pigeonhole should provide all the information
you need.

Regards,
Pascal
The trapper recommends today: defaced.1428621 at localdomain.org
Jorge Bastos
2014-10-13 20:03:16 UTC
Larry & Pascal,

Thanks for the reply.

Ok this is the lib for sieve, and the sieved, I see in debian packages that there is a dovecot-managesieved, the daemon, does this pigeonhole is the daemon also?
Phone: +1 214-642-9640 (c) E-Mail: larryrtx at gmail.com
US Mail: 108 Turvey Cove, Hutto, TX 78634-5688
Jorge Bastos
2014-10-13 20:35:17 UTC
I see,

If i need anything else i'll post,

Thanks,
Phone: +1 214-642-9640 (c) E-Mail: larryrtx at gmail.com
Phone: +1 214-642-9640 (c) E-Mail: larryrtx at gmail.com
US Mail: 108 Turvey Cove, Hutto, TX 78634-5688
Jorge Bastos
2014-10-13 21:29:42 UTC
Guys,

Whats the best mailbox format:
- dbox
- mbox
- maildir
- ?!?

Pros and cons?
Phone: +1 214-642-9640 (c) E-Mail: larryrtx at gmail.com
Phone: +1 214-642-9640 (c) E-Mail: larryrtx at gmail.com
US Mail: 108 Turvey Cove, Hutto, TX 78634-5688
Gedalya
2014-10-13 23:55:14 UTC
Post by Jorge Bastos
Guys,
- dbox
Dovecot-specific. Higher performance, saves I/O.
Post by Jorge Bastos
- mbox
Don't bother.
Post by Jorge Bastos
- maildir
Simple, compatible, resilient.
Post by Jorge Bastos
- ?!?
Pros and cons?
No short answer is the right answer. Try to thoroughly read
http://wiki2.dovecot.org/MailboxFormat and child pages.
Robert Schetterer
2014-10-14 08:01:53 UTC
Post by Jorge Bastos
Guys,
- dbox
- mbox
- maildir
- ?!?
there is no universal answer to this
a minimum answer might be, maildir is ok in a small non cluster setup
ever, please study wiki and archive for more info

Best Regards
MfG Robert Schetterer
--
[*] sys4 AG

http://sys4.de, +49 (89) 30 90 46 64
Franziskanerstra?e 15, 81669 M?nchen

Sitz der Gesellschaft: M?nchen, Amtsgericht M?nchen: HRB 199263
Jorge Bastos
2014-10-14 08:27:32 UTC
Hi all,

Ya, I've read the wiki and the best choice I believe it's MailDir format.
Simple and direct information on the wiki, thanks!
Daniel Parthey
2014-10-13 22:43:04 UTC

please have a look at

http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Pigeonhole/Installation