"§"-sign in passwords
InterNetworX | Pascal Heverhagen
2014-09-10 05:41:27 UTC
Hey users,

I've got a constellation with dovecot, postfix, froxlor and roundcube.

My problem is, when a user has got a paragraph sign in his password,
every mail client tells him, that he entered a wrong password. The log
says as usually "password mismatch". did anyone else fixed this
problem already?

Hope you can help me :)

Pascal
Michael M Slusarz
2014-09-10 05:46:29 UTC
Post by InterNetworX | Pascal Heverhagen
Hey users,
I've got a constellation with dovecot, postfix, froxlor and roundcube.
My problem is, when a user has got a paragraph sign in his password,
every mail client tells him, that he entered a wrong password. The log
says as usually "password mismatch". did anyone else fixed this
problem already?
non-ASCII characters are only supported in the AUTHENTICATE command.
My guess is that your MUA is trying to send those characters via the
LOGIN command.

michael
A.L.E.C
2014-09-10 06:15:48 UTC
Post by InterNetworX | Pascal Heverhagen
My problem is, when a user has got a paragraph sign in his password,
every mail client tells him, that he entered a wrong password. The log
says as usually "password mismatch". did anyone else fixed this
problem already?
non-ASCII characters are only supported in the AUTHENTICATE command. My
guess is that your MUA is trying to send those characters via the LOGIN
command.
Some clients including Roundcube have password charset setting. So, for
Roundcube it should be set to UTF-8. I remember something similiar in
Thunderbird.
--
Aleksander 'A.L.E.C' Machniak
Roundcube Webmail Developer [http://roundcube.net]