doveadm-move(1)
Joseph Tam
2014-10-15 23:16:37 UTC
EXAMPLE
Move janes messages - received in September 2011 - from her
INBOX into her archive.
doveadm move -u jane Archive/2011/09 mailbox
2011-10-01 SINCE 01-Sep-2011
[Is this a typo: "2011-10-01" should be "INBOX"?]
?
Where did you find this example?
Cut&pasted off the terminal man page output. Looking into
man1/doveadm-move.1, I see

.B doveadm move \-u jane Archive/2011/09 mailbox INBOX BEFORE \(rs
.B 2011-10-01 SINCE 01-Sep-2011

so it's a problem with my nroff, not dovecot's man pages. (Hmm, it
happens with groff too -- it appears to be some sort of line length bug.)
Also http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Tools/Doveadm/Move#section_example
shows the correct example.
Yes, this makes much more sense.

Joseph Tam <jtam.home at gmail.com>
Pascal Volk
2014-10-15 23:27:15 UTC
Post by Joseph Tam
Where did you find this example?
Cut&pasted off the terminal man page output. Looking into
man1/doveadm-move.1, I see
.B doveadm move \-u jane Archive/2011/09 mailbox INBOX BEFORE \(rs
.B 2011-10-01 SINCE 01-Sep-2011
so it's a problem with my nroff, not dovecot's man pages. (Hmm, it
happens with groff too -- it appears to be some sort of line length bug.)
Well, there was a problem with non-escaped dashes. But that was fixed 10
months ago:
http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-2.2/diff/8a3d0426f514/doc/man/doveadm-move.1.in

I'm not sure, if that is the reason for the problem.

Which OS, *roff are you using? Maybe I'm able to reproduce the problem. :-)

Regards,
Pascal
The trapper recommends today: c01dcafe.1428901 at localdomain.org
Joseph Tam
2014-10-16 09:01:16 UTC
Post by Pascal Volk
Post by Joseph Tam
Cut&pasted off the terminal man page output. Looking into
man1/doveadm-move.1, I see
.B doveadm move \-u jane Archive/2011/09 mailbox INBOX BEFORE \(rs
.B 2011-10-01 SINCE 01-Sep-2011
so it's a problem with my nroff, not dovecot's man pages. (Hmm, it
happens with groff too -- it appears to be some sort of line length bug.)
Well, there was a problem with non-escaped dashes. But that was fixed 10
http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-2.2/diff/8a3d0426f514/doc/man/doveadm-move.1.in
Nope, that didn't fix it.
Post by Pascal Volk
I'm not sure, if that is the reason for the problem.
Which OS, *roff are you using? Maybe I'm able to reproduce the problem. :-)
It's Solaris10 nroff, and GNU groff 1.19.1. Ancient stuff so I wouldn't
spend too much time looking at it. It's weird that two independent
software implementations would do the same thing.

Joseph Tam <jtam.home at gmail.com>