To dovecot-ee or not to dovecot-ee
Jens Dueholm Christensen
2014-10-13 12:30:32 UTC
Hi

At the moment I'm running an ageing 2.0.13 install that need to be upgraded and moved to new HW.

I was looking around, and saw that dovecot-ee is listed as a "free" (ie. 0$) product on dovecot.fi.

Apart from the need to register an account in order to "purchase" an -ee license, are there any cavats by switching to the -ee version compared to compiling and running the regular releases?

I've got no problems with downloading, building and installing the normal releases and I have no need for object storage, so will the -ee version give me anything else but access to a YUM repo and RPM packages?

Regards,
Jens Dueholm Christensen
Survey IT
Reindl Harald
2014-10-13 12:35:30 UTC
Post by Jens Dueholm Christensen
I've got no problems with downloading, building and installing the normal releases and I have no need for object storage, so will the -ee version give me anything else but access to a YUM repo and RPM packages?
upstream support

Apart from the need to register an account in order to "purchase" an
-ee license, are there any cavats by switching to the -ee version
compared to compiling and running the regular releases?
I've got no problems with downloading, building and installing the
normal releases and I have no need for object storage, so will the -ee
version give me anything else but access to a YUM repo and RPM
packages?
If you're planning on an Ubuntu platform, right now it only supports
12.04. 14.04 is in the works as I recall, but no idea when.

Personally I run 2.2.9-1ubuntu2.1 on Ubuntu 14.04 from stock repo.
--
Dean